[dat-discussions] [openib-general] [RFC] DAT2.0immediatedataproposal

Larsen, Roy K roy.k.larsen at intel.com
Tue Feb 7 12:25:15 PST 2006

>IB does optionally support send_with_invalidate as defined in IBTA 1.2
>spec.
>OpenIB does not support this yet but this is a different matter.
>So this is bad analogy.
>
>The better analogy is socket based CM.
>
>But I am still not clear what you are advocating:
>extensions, IB specific API or something else.

I advocate a write with immediate data API that delivers immediate data
to the target ULP *unambiguously*.  That is, the ULP need never infer
from buffer contents or receive completion timing that a write with
immediate has taken place.  If it is not granted formal API status, I
advocate implementation as a DAPL extension.  The notion of a combined
request API is orthogonal so I won't pursue it any further in this
thread.

Roy