[openib-general] Ifdown/ifup pick up the wrong ib interface configuration file

Harris Yu hyu at pantasys.com
Tue Feb 7 17:08:19 PST 2006

Hi Everyone,

Now I am using OpenIB Gen2 on SuSE10. I got a strange problem when I
tried to bring up/down ib interface, I put the ib interface startup
script ifcfg-ib0/ifcfg-ib1 under /etc/sysconfig/network directory, when
I use the command 'ifdown ib0', and from the message shown, it will pick
up the ib1's configuration, then I use the command 'ifup ib0', it picks
up the ib1's configuration again, and assigned the IPoIB for ib1 to ib0.
The following is the command I used, and message showed:
#ifdown ib0
    ib0       device: Mellanox Technologies MT25208 InfiniHost III Ex
HCA (Tavor compatibility mode) (rev a0)
    ib0       configuration: ib1

Any hints will be helpful.

Thanks in advance,