[openib-general] openib and mellanox hca problem

Roland Dreier rdreier at cisco.com
Tue Feb 7 15:59:55 PST 2006

    Ranjit> Commenting out call to mthca_reset() in mthca_main.c
    Ranjit> worked around the problem on my system, and as far as I
    Ranjit> can tell, did not have any negative impact.

Yes, that should work fine in most cases.  The reset is done to get
the HCA into a known state, since it might have been initialized by a
boot ROM or a previous driver load.

    Ranjit> It will be good if someone reviews the reset path in mthca.

It's hard to see what software bug could be causing this issue.  We
reset the chip, and it never comes back -- reads to the PCI config
header return 0xffffffff for more than 10 seconds.

 - R.