[openib-general] problem with user-verb WC's

Kyle Schochenmaier kschoche at scl.ameslab.gov
Wed Feb 8 08:35:49 PST 2006

While working on the openIB port for PVFS2, I've stumbled across some
problems in posting rdma requests via the user-verbs interface with
ib_mthca drivers.

According to a 'TODO' buried in the gen2 src/linux-kernel/infiniband/hw/  :
"MW support:   ib_mthca does not support memory windows"

The opcodes that I receive for non-rdma requests are all correct,
however, when posting rdma requests, I'm consistently getting work
completions with opcodes of:
IBV_WC_BIND_MW

I'm not making any (known) calls or requests to bind to a memory window,
or for that matter to create a memory window.
So how does a completion event get generated with an opcode indicating a
currently unimplemented feature has just finished?
And are there other reasons why I should/would be getting this type of
completion?

Thanks,
    Kyle

--