[openib-general] Re: openib and mellanox hca problem

Roland Dreier rdreier at cisco.com
Wed Feb 8 09:18:45 PST 2006

    Michael> I wander whether we manage to locate the bridge.  It
    Michael> would be interesting to build mthca with debug enabled.

Certainly building with CONFIG_INFINIBAND_MTHCA_DEBUG=y would be a
good idea.  But even without debug, if we don't find a bridge, we
should see the warning from the code:

		if (!bridge) {
			/*
			 * Didn't find a bridge for a Tavor device --
			 * assume we're in no-bridge mode and hope for
			 * the best.
			 */
			mthca_warn(mdev, "No bridge found for %s\n",
				   pci_name(mdev->pdev));
		}

 - R.