[openib-general] Re: openib and mellanox hca problem

Roland Dreier rdreier at cisco.com
Thu Feb 9 07:32:31 PST 2006

    Michael> My problems if you recall with the mellanox cards seem to
    Michael> be related to Linux Kernel 2.6.15.3...  Installed RHEL4
    Michael> instead of Fedora Core and get the same results using
    Michael> kernel 2.6.15.3 and RHEL4...

No, I think the problem is that something about your system is causing
problems when the driver resets the HCA.  Presumably the silverstorm
stack does not reset the HCA.

I had one thought: do you know the speed (100 MHz, 133 MHz, ...) of
the PCI slot that your HCA is in?

In any case you should be able to comment out the call to
mthca_reset() in mthca_init_one() as a workaround for now.

 - R.