[openib-general] Re: openib and mellanox hca problem

Roland Dreier rdreier at cisco.com
Thu Feb 9 14:10:04 PST 2006

    Michael> I'm still curious why the reset caused an issue and
    Michael> whether it is thought that this is a random occurance
    Michael> because of the hardware i have?

It is definitely something to do with the particular setup you have.
Hence my previous question: do you know the speed of the PCI slot you
are using?  I've never seen this issue, but I only test with systems
that have 133 MHz PCI-X slots.  There may be some problem with slower
(eg 100 MHz) PCI slots.

 - R.