[openib-general] port num in port priv

Roland Dreier rdreier at cisco.com
Thu Feb 9 14:29:07 PST 2006

    Suresh> [SS] if we are supposed to get the port num from the
    Suresh> ib_wc, in process_mad(0) I can do that for all SMP methods
    Suresh> such as getportinfo() etc...  But, the ib_wc parameter is
    Suresh> null when process_mad is called from show_pma_counter()
    Suresh> function in sysfs.c?

For performance management queries, you should not need to look at the
physical port where the MAD was received.  The port being queried is
in the PortSelect field of the PortCounters query.

Unfortunately the sysfs PMA counters support will not be that useful,
since it will only show counters for port 0; but that's a different issue.

 - R.