[dat-discussions] [openib-general] [RFC] DAT2.0 immediate data proposal

Davis, Arlin R arlin.r.davis at intel.com
Fri Feb 10 11:11:03 PST 2006

> Arlin,
> This can be done.
>
> But I have an issue that extension call violate Transport Requirement.
> Currently, the matching semantic is well-defined since
> Recv only matches Send. Since Spec does not have any idea what
> operations are defined in extension(s) there is a problem
> with the transport requirements. We can, of course,
> make some generic statement that with does not cover APIs
> that are defined in extensions.

This is a good point. I think a generic statement will suffice. By
definition we are extending transport services so both
requirements/interfaces could change. Any variation will be documented
with the extended code definitions. Not sure what else to do since
specific transport requirements will differ from DAT requirements in
most cases.

-arlin