[openib-general] We have an OpenIB code release team

Matt Leininger mlleinin at hpcn.ca.sandia.gov
Tue Feb 14 09:24:54 PST 2006

On Tue, 2006-02-14 at 07:00 -0800, Roland Dreier wrote:
> It's great that so many people want to help with the release, but the
> whole point of having a release team was to have a small number of
> people that can move the release rapidly.  I think that the three
> members of the team is the maximum number already.
>
> Please give the release team time to identify places where they need
> help.  Once they have had a chance to begin working, I'm sure there
> will be ample opportunity to volunteer.

  Limiting the "release team" to three people is an attempt to keep this
process manageable.  However, for the OpenIB code release process to
work well we will need to take advantage of the Q&A resources at several
companies (as well as the wider community).  To first order I'd like to
see Mellanox, Cisco, Voltaire, and SilverStorm, working with the OpenIB
release team, to take advantage of each companies Q&A process.  It's
good that Moni (Voltaire) and Tziporet (Mellanox) would like to be the
points of contact for their companies working with the release team.

   Would anyone from Cisco and SilverStorm be willing to interface
between your internal Q&A process and the OpenIB release team?

  Thanks,

	- Matt