[openib-general] ibv_cmd_create_qp() question

Steve Wise swise at opengridcomputing.com
Wed Feb 15 11:00:57 PST 2006

I have a provider in the works that needs provider-specific information
passed from the kernel create_qp verb back to the provider library.  It
seems that ibv_cmd_create_qp() doesn't allow for provider-specific data
to be passed out of the kernel back to the provider lib.

ibv_cmd_create_cq() does support this.

I can come up with a patch to the code to support this, but I wanted to
query the group to make sure I'm not missing something.

Is it a reasonable extension to add this to create_qp()?

Thanks,

Steve.