[openib-general] Low cost MBs compatible with Mellanox PCIE Cards

Jason Gunthorpe jgunthorpe at obsidianresearch.com
Thu Feb 16 11:38:43 PST 2006

On Thu, Feb 16, 2006 at 09:21:24AM -0600, Steve Welch wrote:

> We do not have interrupt assignment problems for the HCA that I'm aware of
> using the A8N32-SLI Deluxe MB.  We do have message signaled interrupts
> enabled as well (Roland's suggestion to Jason).  Output follows.

Thanks, thats good to know. Roland mentioned that his A8N-SLI only
got a 1x PCI Express link, do you have the same problem? A recent
lspci -vvv will show the link width..

My MSI problem was a BIOS bug, it did not enable support in the
chipset. I have it working now.

So to sumarize I've got this info:
MSI   MSI-7184         - Will not POST
Asus  A8N-SLI          - Works, but does (may?) not get a x4/x8 link
Asus  A8N32-SLI Deluxe - Works
Asus  A8N-VM           - Works, but needs a kernel patch and ACPI disabled.
Tyan  *                - Mellanox Tyan FAE says recent ones work
Supermicro *           - Mellanox FAE says recent ones work

Regards,
Jason