[openib-general] Plans for libibverbs 1.0, 1.1 and beyond

Woodruff, Robert J robert.j.woodruff at intel.com
Thu Feb 16 14:35:48 PST 2006

Roland wrote,
>Can you be more explicit about the pain?  What does it make worse?

> - R.

Here is a thought. Since we have been talking about a 1.0
release anyway, what if when we do the "branch" for 1.0,
we really just pull a version that would be used to start the trunk of
the
2.0 development tree. At the same time, that would be a good time to
switch
source code management tools, if that is what people want to do.

The new trunk, for 2.0, would start in the new tree and
the SVN tree could become the 1.0 release tree and any further
patches would be done just to fix bugs for the release.
New features would go into the new tree in perhaps a new SCM tool.

Thoughts ?

woody