[openib-general] Plans for libibverbs 1.0, 1.1 and beyond

Christoph Raisch RAISCH at de.ibm.com
Fri Feb 17 03:59:01 PST 2006

we also currently prefer svn for the 1.0 release.
At some point we'll have to backport bugfixes to the 1.0 release found in a
later development version.
Having to do that at all isn't really fun, but having to keep some of that
code in "sort of" sync between different repositories is even more
difficult.

Gruss / Regards . . . Christoph R.

             "Bob Woodruff"
             <robert.j.woodruf
             f at intel.com>                                               To
             Sent by:                  "'Roland Dreier'"
             openib-general-bo         <rdreier at cisco.com>
             unces at openib.org                                           cc
                                       openib-general at openib.org
                                                                   Subject
             16.02.2006 23:24          RE: [openib-general] Plans for
                                       libibverbs 1.0, 1.1 and beyond

Roland wrote,
>Can you be more explicit about the pain?  What does it make worse?

>- R.

Today when I want to get the tip, I simply do
a SVN update of my tree and everything that has changed
gets updated. I can also subscribe to the commits
email list to know if something changes.
If some components are now in a git tree,
I would need to first install and learn git, then pull some
components from git from kernel.org, some components from SVN
and hope they work together. And if some code gets moved to
another site, like kernel.org, is that development really still covered
by the openib licensing and promoters agreements ?

woody