[openib-general] [VAPI]VAPI_poll_cq: CQ is empty

Dotan Barak dotanb at mellanox.co.il
Sun Feb 19 23:08:37 PST 2006

Hi ian.

Hi Dotan,

> However I got another question:  the "number of bytes transferred" of
the CQE VAPI_CQE_RQ_SEND_DATA was the same as the number of the Recv
>request. But the one of the CQE VAPI_CQE_SQ_SEND_DATA was zero, which
was not what I expected. What is the matter do you think?
>Thanks very much!
The completion structure is a little bit tricky; not all of the
attributes are valid: it depends on the opcode that was used + QP
transport type + QP side (requestor/responder) + the completion status.

You should check the IB spec (section 11.4.2.1) for the valid
attributes.

Anyway, in the requestor side if opcode SEND (with immediate) was used,
the byte len attribute is not valid ...

Dotan