[openib-general] Performance optimization

Frithjof Kruggel fkruggel at uci.edu
Mon Feb 20 12:42:09 PST 2006

Hi,

I am a newbie to this list. I just set up a small
server system of 10x2 opteron nodes equipped with
Mellanox cards and a Mellanox switch. Installed
the gen2 trunk "out of the box" on a Debian system
with a Linux 2.6.15.4 kernel.

However, the performance as measured by the read/
write tests is "only" about 200 MB/s - I expected
figures in the order of 400-500 MB/s. Can you give
me some step-by-step list how to optimize performance?

I walked through the digests but was unable to
find any hint.

Thanks,

Frithjof Kruggel