[openib-general] SRP not detecting

Roland Dreier rdreier at cisco.com
Mon Feb 20 13:35:51 PST 2006

    Mike> I'm trying to get an OpenIB system connected via SRP
    Mike> Initiator to an SRP Target on a SilverStorm 7000 Vfx switch.
    Mike> When I try to detect the SRP initiator through the switch it
    Mike> doesn't show up.  Is there anything else that I need to do
    Mike> to get the switch to see the initiator besides modprobe
    Mike> ib_srp?

Looks like you are using the wrong port GUID, and so the path lookup
to the target fails.

    Mike> [root at linux14 bin]# ./dmcli -t /sys/class/infiniband/mthca0/ports/1 -d /dev/infiniband/umad0 3

I suggest using ibsrpdm from my srptools stuff under userspace in
svn.  It's a lot easier to use, since you don't have to guess the LID
of the target, and it tells you everything you need to do.

You can just do "ibsrpdm" to get a summary of all the targets on the
fabric, and "ibsrpdm -c" to get a string you can echo to the kernel to
connect.

    Mike>     controller[ 1]
    Mike>     GUID: 00066a013800017a

This is almost definitely the node GUID, so using it as the port GUID
will be wrong.

 - R.