[openib-general] Plans for libibverbs 1.0, 1.1 and beyond

Gil Bloch gil at mellanox.co.il
Wed Feb 22 03:08:49 PST 2006

Roland,

I believe we should add support for a resize WQ command (as a part of
modify QP) to enable changing the WQ size.
On a very large scale cluster, with many operating QPs, the work queue
memory consumption might be expansive. Thus the MPI implementation
should tradeoff for pipelining requests vs. WQ memory consumption. The
resize WQ will allow on-demand adaptive WQ setting instead of static
allocation of the memory resource, which I believe can increase
performance and save memory at the same time.

Regards,
Gil Bloch