[openib-general] fmr question

Steve Wise swise at opengridcomputing.com
Thu Feb 23 11:14:19 PST 2006

I've perused the previous discussions on FMRs and I'm still not clear on
the following:

Lets say a FMR is allocated with a map count of 4.  And the FMR is
mapped 4 times, then unmapped.  Are the underlying MRs still valid and
setup for RDMA from the HW perspective?  Or are they marked "INVALID" as
part of unmapping?  IE:  Do they remain valid up to unmap or up to
dealloc of the FMR

>From the mthca code, all I see is that MTHCA_MPT_STATUS_HW is set while
anything is mapped, and MTHCA_MPT_STATUS_SW is set when the unmap is
done.  I don't know mthca enough to know this is somehow invalidating
the MRs in question.

Thanks,

Steve.