[openib-general] Suggested components to support in 1.0

Bryan O'Sullivan bos at pathscale.com
Fri Feb 24 09:16:14 PST 2006

Here is a first cut at the set of components (protocols, drivers,
userspace bits) that I think we should be supporting in 1.0.  Please
look over it and let me know if I'm missing anything.

HCA support (both kernel driver and userspace verbs components):

      * ehca
      * ipath
      * mthca

IB protocols:

      * IPoIB
      * RC
      * SDP
      * SRQ
      * UC
      * UD

Userland software:

      * libibverbs
      * libsdp
      * opensm

As far as I can tell, most of the rest of OpenIB userland (libibcm,
libibat, libibmad, etc) is logically part of OpenSM, can be treated as
such (I think Doug is already doing this with his Red Hat spec files)
and is unlikely to be used by other applications.  Am I way off?

Components that I don't know what to do about, and will likely want to
drop unless someone can vouch for them:

      * iSER
      * SRP
      * uDAPL