[openib-general] Suggested components to support in 1.0

Bryan O'Sullivan bos at pathscale.com
Fri Feb 24 09:42:51 PST 2006

On Fri, 2006-02-24 at 09:23 -0800, Bob Woodruff wrote:

> >Components that I don't know what to do about, and will likely want to
> >drop unless someone can vouch for them:
>
>  >     * iSER
>  >     * SRP
>  >     * uDAPL
>

> We need uDAPL and I am sure people want SRP and
> I think both are in good shape.

OK.  Rather than dig through my mail logs, can someone at NetApp please
help me out and let us know what the official state of udapl is?  The
fact that there are 3 userspace providers, and that kdapl still hasn't
been killed off in the kernel source tree, makes the situation very
confusing to people who are not following closely.

Regarding SRP, if you think it's in OK shape, that's OK by me.

> I am not sure that iSer is quite ready, but will let Voltaire make that
> call.

OK.

	<b