[openib-general] Suggested components to support in 1.0

James Lentini jlentini at netapp.com
Fri Feb 24 10:24:22 PST 2006

On Fri, 24 Feb 2006, Bryan O'Sullivan wrote:

> On Fri, 2006-02-24 at 09:23 -0800, Bob Woodruff wrote:
>
> > >Components that I don't know what to do about, and will likely want to
> > >drop unless someone can vouch for them:
> >
> >  >     * iSER
> >  >     * SRP
> >  >     * uDAPL
> >

> > We need uDAPL and I am sure people want SRP and
> > I think both are in good shape.
>
> OK.  Rather than dig through my mail logs, can someone at NetApp please
> help me out and let us know what the official state of udapl is?  The
> fact that there are 3 userspace providers, and that kdapl still hasn't
> been killed off in the kernel source tree, makes the situation very
> confusing to people who are not following closely.

uDAPL should be included. The different providers were developed to
support 3 different OpenIB configurations: OpenIB verbs (when there
was no user space CM), OpenIB verbs + IB CM, and OpenIB verbs + RDMA
CM. I recommend you include the openib_cma provider and the user space
RDMA cm library.

kDAPL does not need to be in the release, although it would be trivial
to include it.

Please let me know if you need any help with this.