[openib-general] OpenIB/OpenFabrics Booth at IDF - please help man it

Bill Boas bill.boas at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 12:11:09 PST 2006

Hello OpenIB and IBTA promoters and SC members,

As most of you probably know by now, the OpenIB and IBTA have approved to
jointly sponsor a booth at Spring IDF (March 7-9) in San Francisco, CA. The
goal of the booth is to raise awareness, promote the activities of, and to
actively recruit new members into both organizations.

In planning for the booth, there are a number of things I wanted to share
with you. We are signed up as a general exhibitor, and with that, we need to
staff the booth (we get a number of free passes if you haven't already
signed up), create signage and collateral, organize demos, etc.  Please take
a minute to read the below email and let me know ASAP how you can help!

* *

*With this booth, we receive the following number of complimentary passes:*

   - Booth Staff Only Passes [6] (Includes many benefits of Full Forum –
   see below booth schedule)
   - IDF Full Forum Passes [2]
   - Showcase Only (Thursday) Passes (Unlimited Complimentary) - . This
   pass grants the holder complimentary access to the Technology Showcase on
   Thursday, March 9th only from 10:00am-12:00pm.

*Technology Showcase Show Hours – Booth duty sign-up (Booth # to come)*
We will need at least one person from each association to staff the booth at
the following times.  Please sign up and note if you already have, or will
need conference registration. If you need, I will take care of registering
you.  So the sooner you sign up, the better.

* *

*Tuesday*

*March 7*

*1 longer shift; or can break up*

*Wednesday*

*March 8*

*2 short shifts*

*Thursday*

*March 9*

*1 short shift*

* *

* *

*Exhibitor Move-in Hours*

Monday, March 6
1:00 pm - 8:00 pm

*10:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.*

Exhibitor Move-in
Tuesday, 10:30 am - 2:00 pm

*10am – 12pm
*(2 people – 1 from each organization)

1.

2.

*12:00 p.m.-2:00 p.m.*

*12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
*(2 people – 1 from each organization)

1.

2.

*TEAR-DOWN (Marta and Megan)*

*5:00 -6:00 p.m.-*

Let's try to have 3 or 4 people here from 5-8 this first day. (put if you
can stay whole time or what hours you're committing to)

*Press Sneak Preview 5-6pm and Welcome Reception from 6-8pm*

1.

2.

3.

4.

*6:00 – 8:00 p.m.*

(Welcome Reception) – same people as above

*6:00 pm - 8:00pm (Reception)
*(2 people – 1 from each organization)

1.

2.

Benefits of Booth Staff Only Passes:

· Technical Sessions & Labs — taught by leading Intel and industry engineers
who know the things you need to know.
· Keynote Addresses — delivered by Intel thought and technical leaders. This
is where future directions are unveiled. Hear about them first at IDF.
· Technology Showcase — see exhibits and participate in demonstrations of
the latest technology innovations from Intel and other industry leaders.
Interact with technology innovators in one of the technology community
areas.
· Panels — hear top industry leaders discuss and debate key technology
topics.

*Booth demos*

- KeyEye has volunteered to do a demonstration of InfiniBand over Cat6 cable
at the booth which I thought would be something great to show on the IBTA
side. This demonstration highlights the fact that InfiniBand can operate
over mainstream cabling solutions such as Cat6 – key technology for data
center adoption.

- Any other demo suggestions?  SPEAK UP NOW.  You will need to be
responsible for shipping the demo to IDF, setting up the demo, tearing down
the demo, and shipping the demo back. Of course, it should deliver a message
that is in line with what the organizations are pushing…

See what the booth looks like here:

http://www.eventreg.com/idfsp06/agreement/opps.htm#exh

*Signage update*

- We will hopefully be able to display the new organization name, as well as
IBTA; there will be signage for each organization, with bullet points. I
will route this around in the next day.

*Booth collateral*

- Standard OpenIB one-page document to include new promoters, new
technologies we're supporting, information how to join, etc.

- A one-page document on IBTA to include who the steering committee and
member lists are, the working groups, what each does, and information how to
join.

*Booth Attire and Conduct (All)*

- It is important that if you are doing booth duty, that you wear OpenIB or
IBTA logoed shirts to represent the organization properly.

- If you don't have any OpenIB or IBTA logo wear, then wear something plain
and business casual, or we'll try to get your something.

- While doing booth duty, you are there to represent IBTA or OpenIB and not
specifically the company or organization that actually pays you a salary.
 So conversation should respectfully be about OpenIB and IBTA.

Let's make this booth a success with your participation!

Marta