[openib-general] RFC: SDP plans

Sean Hefty mshefty at ichips.intel.com
Mon Feb 27 15:13:23 PST 2006

Hal Rosenstock wrote:
>>>Having a stable, performant SDP in Rel. 1.0 available from Novel and
>>>RedHat is absolutely critical for Wall Street and others.
>>
>>Then release 1.0 will need to wait until SPD has been updated.
>

> I thought the mantra was whatever was ready for the train not the other
> way 'round...

I agree.  I was simply stating that the kernel component of SDP is not ready.
We've already branched for the 1.0 release.  Either that branch was done
prematurely, or we need to focus on determining what in that branch is not
ready.  I don't believe that we should be making major updates to the release
branch.  Components not ready should simply be moved to a later release.