[openib-general] LID assignment policy of opensm

Hal Rosenstock halr at voltaire.com
Tue Feb 28 04:19:35 PST 2006

Hi Devesh,

On Tue, 2006-02-28 at 01:44, Devesh Sharma wrote:
> Hi list,
> Please anybody brife me about the LID assignment policy used by opensm
> subnet manager. Can user specify fixed LID mappings using a file?

There is a file it creates with these in it so they can be reused
subsequently. It is /var/cache/osm/guid2lid.

opensm -h has the following option:
-c
--cache-options
          Cache the given command line options into the file
          /var/cache/osm/opensm.opts for use next invocation
          The cache directory can be changed by the environment
          variable OSM_CACHE_DIR

Is that suitable for your needs ?