[openib-general] LID assignment policy of opensm

Eitan Zahavi eitan at mellanox.co.il
Tue Feb 28 23:20:23 PST 2006

Hi Devesh

If a user writes the file such that it is legal (see below) OpenSM will use it.
When a STANDBY SM gets mastership it has two choices:
a. Use the LIDs from the fabric
b. Enforce the assignments provided by the guid2lid file
The option

Legal means:
1. there are no LID conflicts
2. lid range start is aligned with 2^(LMC)
NOTE that the end of the range can extend beyond start + 2^(LMC) - 1

/var/cache/osm/opensm.opts:
# If true honor the guid2lid file when coming out of standby
# state, if such file exists and is valid
honor_guid2lid_file FALSE

Eitan