[openib-general] Re: Failure in reset HCA withbackport-svn4507-to-2.6.9

Woodruff, Robert J robert.j.woodruff at intel.com
Thu Jan 5 14:03:36 PST 2006

>I'm having the same problem with the kernel that Redhat posted

>"kernel-smp-2.6.9-22.14.EL.OpenIB_3965.3.i686.rpm"

I have not seen any reset issues with 4507 or the
Redhat 3965 kernel on a mellanox SDR PCI-E card
on EM64T platform. I have also ran 4507 on an IPF platform with
PCI-X cards.

What version of fw does the card have ?

We did see some weird problems with performance when the
card F/W was not up to date, but have not seen any reset problems.

woody