[openib-general] Re: Failure in reset HCAwithbackport-svn4507-to-2.6.9

Rimmer, Todd trimmer at silverstorm.com
Thu Jan 5 14:53:00 PST 2006

> From: Bob Woodruff [mailto:robert.j.woodruff at intel.com]
>
> Ranjit wrote,
> >fw rev: 3.03.0003rc16b
>
> I think that 4.7 is the latest (at least for the PCI-E cards)
> and 3.2 ( for the PCI-X cards)
> and I think the latest FW is required for correct operation
> with the openIB
> stack.
> Michael is this correct ?

3.3.3 is the latest firmware (as of last week) for PCI-X cards.  3.2 is actually a few months old.

Today Mellanox just posted 3.3.5 for PCI-X cards, however I doubt Ranjit needs 3.3.5 since Open IB has run successfully for others before 3.3.5 was available.

Internally with our stack we have successfully done extensive testing with 3.3.3

Todd Rimmer