[openib-general] SA cache design

Hal Rosenstock halr at voltaire.com
Fri Jan 6 12:26:58 PST 2006

On Fri, 2006-01-06 at 14:55, Eitan Zahavi wrote:

> I guess you mean the code that is answering to PathRecord queries?
> It is possible to extract the "SMDB" objects and duplicate that database.
> I am not sure it is such a good idea. What if the SM is not OpenSM?

I would view that the database is an SADB with the actual pathrecords as
one example rather than the SMDB from which they are calculated. I think
Sean is interested in the SA packet query/response code here so avoid
recreating this and that the backend would be stripped out. Sean, is
that accurate ?