[openib-general] Re: ipoib: outstanding patches

Roland Dreier rdreier at cisco.com
Wed Jan 11 13:59:59 PST 2006

OK, I've started reviewing and applying these.

> ipoib_mc_list.patch

Applied, except spin_lock_bh() followed by spin_lock_irqsave() looked
silly to me, so I changed it to spin_lock_irqsave() followed by spin_lock().

> ipoib_flush_wq_1.patch
> ipoib_flush_wq_2.patch

Still trying to decide if I like this approach.  Right now the ipoib
workqueue is only doing multicast stuff, so it's easier for me to see
what's going on.  These patches lose that so I'm trying to see if
there's a better approach.

> ipoib_mcast_send.patch

Could we reuse the IPOIB_MCAST_RUN bit rather than adding a new bit?
It seems that we could kill mcast_mutex and replace uses with
priv->lock instead -- I don't see anything that sleeps inside mcast_mutex.

> ipoib_all_neigh_issues_2.patch

Could we do this without a linear search through a list of neighbours?
It seems this might become a scalability issue.

> ipoib_multicast_leak.patch

Why does this change only handle send-only multicast groups?  Where
are other multicast groups getting freed now that misses send-only groups?

 - R.