[openib-general] SA cache design

Sean Hefty mshefty at ichips.intel.com
Thu Jan 12 11:58:28 PST 2006

Rimmer, Todd wrote:
> 1 million entry SA database.

This is exactly why I think that the SA needs to be backed by a real DBMS.

> In contrast the replica on each node only needs to handle O(N) entries.
> And its lookup time could be O(logN).

This is still O(NlogN) operations, which made me look at indexing schemes to
improve performance.

The most obvious implementation to me was to store path records in a binary tree
sorted by dgid/pkey.  But this isn't very flexible.

> why ask the SA the same question multiple times in a row?

I have no idea why the application did this.  Are any of the queries in this
case actually the same?