[openib-general] Error when loading ib_umad

Jean-Christophe Hugly jice at pantasys.com
Thu Jan 12 13:12:57 PST 2006

On Tue, 2006-01-10 at 07:07 -0800, Roland Dreier wrote:
> Are you ignoring compile warnings about class_device_create()?  Since
> 2.6.15 is out, the OpenIB svn does not support 2.6.14 any more, so you
> may run into problems like this.
>
> You will probably need to restore the compatibility hack removed in
> r4784 by adding something like
>
> #include <linux/version.h>
>
> #if LINUX_VERSION_CODE < KERNEL_VERSION(2,6,15)
> #define class_device_create(cls, parent, devt, device, fmt, arg...) \
>        class_device_create(cls, devt, device, fmt, ## arg)
> #endif
>
> to <rdma/ib_verbs.h>.

Thanks a bunch. Since I'm just the 3rd guy hitting that, may be a little
addition to the backport set of patches is in order. I do not mind
generating it, but I am not sure of the correct procedure: the patches
are grouped by reason, but they could overlap (in that case it would)
should they be grouped by affected file instead ? Or is there a way to
specify in which order they should be applied ? Whoever maintains these
BP patches might have some recommendation to make.

--
Jean-Christophe Hugly <jice at pantasys.com>
PANTA