[openib-general] Re: kernel build failure

Roland Dreier rdreier at cisco.com
Sun Jan 15 08:56:48 PST 2006

    Nishanth> Is this related the semaphore to mutex conversions from
    Nishanth> Ingo? If so, does this mean that it's only expected to
    Nishanth> build with 2.6.15-git{6,7,...}  or so? (Remember, I'm
    Nishanth> stuck with 2.6.15 until 2.6.16-rc1 comes out so that I
    Nishanth> can use ISER without having to patch again).

Yes, it's related, but 2.6.15 should still work.  I'm surprised that
svn doesn't build for you against 2.6.15 -- I created
<linux/mutex-backport.h> under the include directory in the svn
repository, and my tree does build against 2.6.15 for me.

There is the same old story that until 2.6.16-rc1 comes out (which
should be in the next day or so), I don't know of a way to tell the
difference between a real 2.6.15 kernel, and a 2.6.15-gitX kernel.  So
there may be trouble with svn against a Linus git kernel.

 - R.