[openib-general] Re: Missing file, trunk/src/linux-kernel/include/scsi/srp.h. in SVN5031

Roland Dreier rdreier at cisco.com
Mon Jan 16 22:53:41 PST 2006

    Bob> There use to be a file

    Bob> trunk/src/linux-kernel/include/scsi/srp.h

    Bob> in SVN4900. This file has now been deleted from SVN5031,
    Bob> causing srp.c to fail to build on older kernels.  I also see
    Bob> that this file is in the latest 2.6.15 kernel in
    Bob> linux-2.6.15/include/scsi/srp.h and that there is a backport
    Bob> patch for older kernels to put it into the linux/include/scsi
    Bob> directory. However, for the latest development version,
    Bob> shouldn't that remain in SVN at infiniband/scsi/srp.h ?

My reasoning was that now that the file is upstream, it is really part
of the Linux SCSI stack and shouldn't really be maintained in the
openib svn repo.  There's nothing IB-specific about it, and in fact I
need to migrate drivers/scsi/ibmvscsi to using it.

However my reasoning could easily be all wrong -- what are the
advantages of having it in openib svn?

 - R.