[openib-general] Advice

Peter Kjellström cap at nsc.liu.se
Tue Jan 24 04:25:14 PST 2006

On Friday 20 January 2006 06:35, Scott A. Friedman wrote:

> >> Sorry, I mean the Mellanox Gold distribution thing. Using this is kinda
> >> a problem for me since I need to use a recent kernel - to support some
> >> non Infiniband stuff.
> >
> > You don't necessarily need to use IBGD. There is overlap. It depends on
> > what you need/use out of this. Mellanox is working on an IB Gold 2 based
> > on OpenIB too.
>
> I will keep an eye out for it. However, they tend to only support
> particular kernel versions which doesn't work for us.

Huh? I've used IBGD from 0.5.0 to now current 1.8.1 on whatever kernel I had
spinning and it has almost never failed workd automagically (./install...).

That said, the openib installation is lighter and works fine for us too (IP,
ScaMPI, OpenMPI, mvapich).

Just my experience,
 Peter

  Peter Kjellström               |