[openib-general] Reregister Memory Region Verb

Galen Shipman gshipman at lanl.gov
Tue Jan 24 08:06:55 PST 2006

On Jan 24, 2006, at 8:55 AM, Roland Dreier wrote:

>     Galen> Does OpenIB currently support the Reregister Memory Region
>     Galen> Verb? I wasn't able to find it in the header files..
>
> Roland> No, it doesn't.  What is your use case?  I'm wondering how
> hard it
> Roland> would be to implement support at least sufficient for what you
> want to
> Roland> do.

I would like to be able to extend an existing registration such that
the driver would take advantage of the fact that part of the extended
registration is already registered, i.e. only the "new" memory would be
pinned and made resident. Also, it would be necessary that this
operation wouldn't invalidate operations in progress on the original
registration or the call would block until pending operations had
completed, although we would prefer that it wouldn't block if possible
;-) .

- Galen