[openib-general] RFC multicast support

Tom Tucker tom at opengridcomputing.com
Fri Jan 27 16:55:49 PST 2006

Well, before you decide this is crazy, a UDP endpoint has a "socket", so
an unconnected cm_id is not really all that crazy. A cm_id at the layer
we've defined it encapsulates primarily application layer information
like callback function pointers, contexts, and addresses. These values
are every bit as important for an "unconnected" QP.

The fact that iWARP doesn't currently have a notion of multicast, etc...
doesn't mean that a) other transports besides IB won't, b) that iWARP
companies haven't ever thought about how to do it and will never do it,
or ...

Ok...maybe it really is crazy....