[openib-general] What is proper recovery from ib_poll_cq failure (gen1) ?

Walls, Jeffrey Joel jeff.walls at hp.com
Mon Jan 30 11:14:07 PST 2006

Hi There -- I'm making progress on my IB transport system, but ran into
A bit of a snag and I can't seem to find an answer in the documentation,
Sample apps, or google.

I'm on Windows running gen1 code and after successfully sending a number
Of packets my call to ib_poll_cq is failing with a status of
IB_WCS_RNR_RETRY_ERR.

First, am I correct that this means the receiver's resources are not
ready?
If so, what does *that* mean?  My receiver (Linux, gen2) has posted a
receive
WR and is waiting for a CQ event which never comes.

Second, what is the correct recovery logic for this?  I've tried
re-posting the
Send and re-polling the CQ, but that gives me IB_WCS_WR_FLUSHED_ERR
Over and over again.  So it seems to me that I have a problem on my
receive
Side, but I don't have the foggiest idea what it could be.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Jeff
--
Jeffrey J. Walls