[openib-general] ucma into kernel.org

Michael S. Tsirkin mst at mellanox.co.il
Thu Jul 6 00:58:01 PDT 2006

Quoting r. Michael S. Tsirkin <mst at mellanox.co.il>:
> > The options in rdma_cm_ib are IB specific (get/set path records and IB CM
> > timeout values).
>
> Timeout values and retry count seem like something that is generic enough.
> At least for retry count TCP has TCP_SYNCNT, so this looks generic for me. No?

Thinking about this some more, how about changing max_cm_retries to
max_request_retries, and adding this in rdma_cm as a generic option?

Sean?

I think we also need to do something about the timeouts, but I don't
yet have any ideas on what this could be, so this probably better
stay IB specific for now.

--
MST