[openib-general] ucma into kernel.org

Or Gerlitz ogerlitz at voltaire.com
Thu Jul 6 02:13:49 PDT 2006

Michael S. Tsirkin wrote:
> So what are you saying? What did you learn from this system? What does this say
> about CMA timeouts? That any timeout value is as good as any other? That
> packets are never lost? This is the part that I am not getting.

I have learned that without tuning the CM timeouts/retries running
N x m (m <= M) CM re-connection-ing in parallel worked fine (eg it was
part of the acceptance to kill a lustre server and have the all the
clients reconnect to the ghost of this server).

I can check the values if anyone can think it may be of help.

Or.