[openib-general] ucma into kernel.org

Sean Hefty mshefty at ichips.intel.com
Fri Jul 7 09:48:53 PDT 2006

Michael S. Tsirkin wrote:
>>Max CM retries is a 4-bit value carried in the REQ indicating the number of
>>times that a REQ, REP, or DREQ can be retried.  See 12.7.27.  I would expect
>>software to adhere to this value.
>
> Hmm. How can SDP implement TCP_SYNCNT then?  I would like to retry as much times
> as requested.

My guess is that you would need to retry the connection attempt using a
different connection identifier, which unfortunately will look like a new
connection attempt to the remote side.  I'm not sure how much that will matter
though.  This sounds like an architectural issue with SDP...  In practice, I
doubt that SYNCNT would ever be set higher than about 5, so it may not be that
much of a real problem.