[openib-general] [ANNOUNCE] NetPIPE 3.7 release candidate 1

Troy Benjegerdes troy at scl.ameslab.gov
Fri Jul 7 09:53:36 PDT 2006

Pradipta Kumar Banerjee wrote:

> Troy Benjegerdes wrote:
>
>> I am preparing to release an update to the NetPIPE benchmark
>> ( http://scl.ameslab.gov/Projects/NetPIPE/NetPIPE.html ), and I would
>> very much like to hear some feedback on the OpenIB verbs implementation
>> (NPibv), and take any patches to make it build on Windows as well.
>>
>> I would also like hear from anyone that has run NetPIPE on RDMA ethernet
>> hardware, since I currently don't have any to test with.
>
> Troy,
>  This unfortunately doesn't work with the iWARP devices. I tested it
> on Ammasso iWARP cards. Ammasso iWARP cards create two interfaces -
> one the usual ethernet interface (ethX) and another iWARP interface
> (iwX).
> The RDMA protocol is run over the iWARP interface which doesn't allow
> for normal socket based communication. Hence bind/listen etc is on the
> ethX interface whereas for RDMA these should be on the iwX interface.
> Using RDMA CM solves the problem. Its a generic solution for both IB
> and iWARP.
> ( For more information look at the following thread
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.drivers.openib/27629/focus=27629 )
>
> If you are interested I can try making the relevant changes to NetPIPE
> and send it across to you.
>
> Thanks,
> Pradipta Kumar.

Is the connection manager api considered 'stable' yet? Last I knew it
was still undergoing a lot of development.

Wouldn't it be possible to adapt the existing tcp connection setup code
to work for Iwarp without using the connection manager? Most of the time
when I test IB networks, I just bind to ethernet eth0 interfaces anyway.