[openib-general] ping problem with ammasso cards(iWARP interface)

Ravinandan Arakali ravinandan.arakali at neterion.com
Fri Jul 7 11:04:45 PDT 2006

Hi,
I have two systems connected back-to-back with ammasso cards. I have
configured and built the libraries and drivers as mentioned in
https://openib.org/tiki/tiki-index.php?page=Install+OpenIB+for+Ammasso1100

I can ping on the regular ethX interface but both rping and krping on iwarp
interfaces fail (no packets sent/received).
Following is the configuration:
System1:
eth interface: 17.1.1.101
iwarp interface: 17.2.2.101

System2:
eth interface: 17.1.1.102
iwarp interface: 17.2.2.102

On System2 I run
# rping -s -vV -C100 -a 0.0.0.0 -p 9999

On System1 I run
# rping -c -vV -C100  -a 17.2.2.102 -p 9999

Sometimes I have noticed that when client is started, the server core dumps.
Other times, there is no core dump but there's no traffic flowing.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Ravi