[openib-general] [ANNOUNCE] NetPIPE 3.7 release candidate 1

Pradipta Kumar Banerjee bpradip at in.ibm.com
Fri Jul 7 11:47:59 PDT 2006

Sean Hefty wrote:
> Troy Benjegerdes wrote:
>> Is the connection manager api considered 'stable' yet? Last I knew it
>> was still undergoing a lot of development.
>
> The connection manager API is relatively stable, and has been for a while.
> Changes to the API have come in the form of new options and calls, rather than
> changes to the existing calls.
True. We have been using it for quite some time for all our work on iWarp.

>> Wouldn't it be possible to adapt the existing tcp connection setup code
>> to work for Iwarp without using the connection manager? Most of the time
>> when I test IB networks, I just bind to ethernet eth0 interfaces anyway.
>
> My understanding is that it's not possible to connect iWarp QPs without using
> the connection manager.  For IB, it's possible to connect over sockets and
> exchange QP information over a TCP connection, but the same is not true for iWarp.
>
> - Sean
Troy, the NetPIPE code needs to use the cm for successful working with iwarp.
May be the changes can be in a seperate file altogether (like cm.c as in ibv.c)
and have a seperate option in the Makefile to enable the same.

Thanks,
Pradipta Kumar