[openib-general] user_mad check question

Sean Hefty mshefty at ichips.intel.com
Mon Jul 10 10:15:33 PDT 2006

Rimmer, Todd wrote:
> We defined a response as:
> ((R bit set || TRAP_REPRESS) && ! SEND) || (Class=BM && SEND &&
> AttributeModifier BM Response bit set)

At this point, I'm leaning towards setting the upper bits of the TID for all
MADs that are not responses.  (This is for usermode only, so kernel agents such
as the CM are left as is.)

I think that a response can be identified as:

Response bit set || trap repress ||
(class=BM && attribute modifier response bit set)

The last check is missing from current code, and the SEND checks listed above
seem unnecessary.