[openib-general] [ucm] device file of the ucm is not being created

Sean Hefty mshefty at ichips.intel.com
Mon Jul 10 16:22:17 PDT 2006

Dotan Barak wrote:
> On Thursday 06 July 2006 20:14, Sean Hefty wrote:
>
>>Dotan Barak wrote:
>>
>>>KERNEL="ucma", NAME="infiniband/%k", MODE="0666"
>>>KERNEL="rdma_cm", NAME="infiniband/%k", MODE="0666"
>>>do you know that is the problem?
>>
>>The ucma should be in /sys/class/misc/rdma_cm.

To clarify, I believe that the rdma_cm uses different device files depending on
whether you're using the backport patches.  Older kernels do not have the misc
device, so the backport patches relocate the file under the infiniband directory.

> cmatose: starting client
> cmatose: connecting
> cmatose: event: 8, error: 8

This looks like an error trying to connect to a server before it has started
running.