[openib-general] openSM - IS_SM capability mask problem

Hal Rosenstock halr at voltaire.com
Wed Jul 12 05:34:50 PDT 2006

On Tue, 2006-07-11 at 09:27, yipee wrote:
> Hal Rosenstock <halr <at> voltaire.com> writes:
> [snip]
> > It's not the setting which is failing. You are likely not using an SM
> > which supports this (it is an enhanced capability defined in a 1.2
> > erratum). Are you running a recent OpenSM or something else ?
> >

> I'm running a 1.1 openSM on a 2.6.14 kernel. Is there a bug in this
> version that causes this problem?

It is lacking this 1.2 erratum support which is a feature enhancement.

> Should I upgrade to a newer one?

I don't know how to answer this question for you but if an old one
doesn't do what you want/need, then it might behoove you to upgrade.

Note that this feature is supported in the OFED 1.0 version of OpenSM as
well as the trunk version so that gives you a couple of options
depending on some other factors.

> Would it be compatible with the 2.6.14 kernel
> modules/userspace libraries?

Yes (I'm pretty sure). The user_mad API has not changed in quite some
time now. What ABI version is 2.6.14 ?

-- Hal