[openib-general] IPoIB Path Rerequests and Compliance

Hal Rosenstock halr at voltaire.com
Thu Jul 13 07:07:04 PDT 2006

Hi Roland,

It appears to me that if for some reason IPoIB rerequests a path that
has already been resolved, it has filled in values for fields in the
request which are not to be honored by the SA as their component mask
bits are not on. While the SA responds properly to this since it ignores
anything which does not have the comp mask bit set, it is technically a
non compliance. Is this worth fixing ? If so, do you want a patch for
this ? (Also, I haven't yet checked any other ULPs for a similar issue).

I also see some "funny" values in some of these fields as well.