[openib-general] wiki update - howto for Chelsio's T3 RNIC

Louis Laborde louis.laborde at hp.com
Fri Jul 14 12:07:04 PDT 2006

Steve Wise wrote:
>> Steve,
>>
>> The two steps below fail:
>>
>> # (cd librdmacm && ./autogen.sh && ./configure && make && make install)
>> # (cd libcxgb3 && ./autogen.sh && ./configure && make && make install)
>>

>> with:
>> checking for ibv_get_device_list in -libverbs... no
>> configure: error: ibv_get_device_list() not found.  librdmacm requires libibverbs.
>> checking for ibv_get_device_list in -libverbs... no
>> configure: error: ibv_get_device_list() not found.  libmthca requires libibverbs.
>>
>> Should the configure script do "-libibverbs" instead of "-libverbs" ?
>>

> no.  The problem is your library search path doesn't
> include /usr/local/lib.  Or, you didn't do an ldconfig after building
> libibverbs.   Make sure /usr/local/lib is specified in /etc/ld.so.conf
> or in a file in /etc/ld.so.conf.d.  Then run ldconfig.  You can verify
> that its working be running ldconfig -v and seeing libibverbs in the
> path...

Steve,

I found my problem: I am using RHEL-U3 which comes with other version of
the libibverbs library in package libibverbs-devel. This library is installed
in /usr/lib and does not define the function ibv_get_device_list.

I removed the package and dependencies with:
rpm -e udapl udapl-devel libibverbs libibverbs-utils libibverbs-devel

Is there a way to have the old and new openib libs/tools coexist?

Thanks,
Louis