[openib-general] wiki update - howto for Chelsio's T3 RNIC

Steve Wise swise at opengridcomputing.com
Fri Jul 14 13:47:11 PDT 2006

> Steve,
>
> I finally got rping working with Chelsio T3 on IA64 platform.
>
> Which tools should I use to do bandwidth and latency measurements?
> Is it covered in some FAQ?

No FAQ exists.  But in the iwarp branch, the userspace/perftest dir has
rdma_lat and rdma_bw which do rdma write latency and bandwidth tests.
Use the --cma flag to force using the rdma cma for connection setup.

Like this.  For a test to crank out 10000 rdma writes of size 30000:

server side:  rdmabw --cma --size=30000
client side: rdmabw --cma --size=30000 --iters=10000 <server's rdma ip
address>

Ask Chelsio for other perf benchmark programs.  They haven't released
these other programs yet, but you could probably get them directly from
Chelsio...

NOTE:  Large IO sizes don't work.  Keep it under 60000B.

Steve.